Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on our site.
Information about us
kpmgconnectonboard.com, is a site operated by KPMG LLP ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number OC301540 and have our registered office at 15 Canada Square, London E14 5GL.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site, and/or suspend your access to all or any part of our site at any time, without notice to you. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
Intellectual property rights
Except for content uploaded and owned by you, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by patent, trademark and copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not scrape or copy profiles and information of other users of our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to a recommendation, advice or information on which you should rely. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We have not vetted, interviewed or carried out any background checks of any kind on any of the candidates or other users who may post details via our site.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Our site is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted, or that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of data, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may affect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Subject at all times to the limitations above, our total aggregate liability to you will not exceed a sum of £1000 in relation to any claims arising out of your use of our site.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution will comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute, publish and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to /privacy.
We do not generally review content posted by our users on our site. We will not be responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site or any damages you suffer as a result of reliance on such content.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Use of Your Information
We may collect information about you, including your personal information, in the course of your use of our site. We collect only such information as is provided voluntarily by visitors to our site and as is necessary in the circumstances. By using our site, you agree to the collection and use of your information by us, for the following purposes:
- to contact you in relation to KPMG service offerings and thought leadership, in which you have expressed an interest; and
- to contact you in relation to any KPMG service offering and thought leadership which would be relevant to you as a user of the site; and
- for any lawful purposes chosen at our discretion, provided that we remove, or arrange for the removal of, names and any other identifiers from your information and only use such information in an anonymised (and possibly aggregated) format.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site in a safe and secure manner. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, not misleading or deceptive and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
In the case of consumers, you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
In the case of business users you and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
‘KPMG’ and the KPMG logo are registered trademarks of KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity.
(1) Candidate users
- Information that you provide as part of your registration process, including your CV, is stored on our database for two months from the date we receive the registration request.
- All information that you provide or upload on our site is your sole responsibility and KPMG does not accept any responsibility for that information or its accuracy.
- Information that you provide or upload on our site will be accessed by the KPMG Connect On Board (KCOB) team who are responsible for verifying candidates and managing the membership of our site.
- If your membership is unsuccessful we will continue to hold your name, last name and email address for six months.
- Any information that you provide on your candidate profile or contained in your CV, is your sole responsibility and KPMG does not accept any responsibility for that information or its accuracy.
- You must take reasonable steps to keep your CV and candidate profile information up to date.
- It is optional for you to upload a photo as part of your candidate profile, but by doing so you affirm that the photo is of you and you agree that we may store it on our site.
- We advise that CVs do not include personal address details or religious or political views and memberships.
- Your candidate profile will be visible to all organisation users by default (unless you place it in hidden mode – ‘see section on hidden profiles below’).
- Your candidate profile information will be kept on our site until you request for us to delete it – ‘see section on deleting your profile below’.
Candidate profile – hidden mode
- You can choose to put your candidate profile in ‘hidden’ mode via the user dashboard. A ‘hidden’ profile will not be visible to organisation users searching our site for candidates.
- You can edit your profile back to being ‘visible’ via the user dashboard at any time.
- From time to time we will send you reminders to change your profile to visible if it has been in hidden mode for a significant period of time.
- You can add up to three referees onto your candidate profile.
- For existing candidates: You will be asked to confirm you have the consent of your referees when you log in to your profile. This will only be requested once.
- For new candidates: Before the referees become visible on your profile they will be sent an automated message to gain their consent to be included on your profile. Only when they have agreed to be included will they be visible on your profile. If referees do not respond to the request after 10 working days, the referee details will be deleted from the system.
- Referees can be deleted from your profile at any time. Referees will not be notified if you delete them from your profile.
- Referees can request that their details be deleted from your profile at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You will be notified of a referee’s request and the referee’s details will be deleted from your profile within 10 working days of us receiving the request.
Deleting your profile
- You can request for us to delete your candidate profile any time via the user dashboard.
- When you request us to delete your profile, your profile will be automatically placed in ‘hidden’ mode, after which your profile and all your Content will be deleted from our site within 10 working days.
- Following deletion of your profile, your name, surname and email address will be stored for 3 months so we can keep a record that you were once a user. You will not be able to re-register on our site until 3 months after your profile was deleted.
(2) Business users and external organisations
- All opportunities are posted on the site by external organisations and external organisations are solely responsible for any information they provide or upload onto our site.
- KPMG does not post opportunities on behalf of external organisations and KPMG is not involved in recommending candidate users for roles.
- Candidate users will be notified of new roles posted via email and they can express their interest in the role via the site.
- Opportunities will be posted on an ad-hoc basis and when external organisations post them.
- Where you are a business user/external organisation with access to our site, you will be able to see all candidate profiles and make contact with candidate users directly.
- KPMG has no involvement in the search or selection of candidates or in the creation of candidate profiles or opportunities.
- KPMG owes no duty or liability to users or any other parties with respect to or in connection with opportunities, including the search or selection process of candidates or the provision of services in relation to opportunities.
- Where you are a business user or external organisation, you must satisfy yourself as to the suitability and competence of candidates and you must accept that any decision to select a candidate is in reliance on your own investigations alone.
- KPMG will not make or enter into any contracts or commitments or incur any liability for or on behalf of candidates or business users/external organisations in relation to opportunities, and will not negotiate any terms relating to the recruitment of candidates.
- Where a candidate applies for an opportunity, the business user/external organisation responsible for that opportunity must keep the candidate informed as to the status or his/her application, including notifying the candidate within a reasonable time frame whether or not his/her application has been successful.
- Where you are a business user or external organisation with access to our site, you:
- acknowledge that we may disclose personal data to you relating to member/candidate users (including, but not limited, to CVs and information within member/candidate profiles) (the “Personal Data”);
- agree that you act as an independent controller of the Personal Data and you must process the Personal Data, along with any further personal data you may collect from a member/candidate, in accordance with DP Legislation;
- shall promptly notify us upon receiving any request or complaint from a member/candidate relating to the Personal Data, or if you become aware of any personal data breach affecting the Personal Data.
- On request, we shall each provide one another with information relating to our processing of the Personal Data as reasonably required for the other to satisfy its obligations under DP Legislation.
(3) Access to resources and materials
- Access to all materials on our site is free of change.
- Any links to third party material will take you off our site to an external site.
(4) Communication with Users
KCOB will send the following communications:
- ‘New Opportunity’ alerts when a new role has been posted;
- Updates on improvements and maintenance to our site;
- New materials added to our site;
- Reminders to candidates to keep profiles up to date, including information on their CVs and how to improve profile information
- Reminders to candidates make their profiles ‘visible’ if in ‘hidden mode’
- Regular updates from the KPMG Board Leadership Centre (to unsubscribe from these updates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
(5) 3rd party access to data
- KPMG will work with third party suppliers e.g. digital companies to improve and maintain the site.
- Third parties will have access to user profiles to ensure that functionality is working as it should.
- Third parties will be contracted by KPMG.
(6) Sensitive data
- We collect a small amount of sensitive data to better understand the user population. It is optional for users to provide this information and this information will be kept confidential and anonymous.
To contact us, please email KPMGOnBoardSupport@KPMG.co.uk
If you would like to receive marketing communications or update settings on the marketing communications you receive from KPMG please visit the preference centre.
Thank you for visiting our site.