Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on our site.
Information about us
kpmgconnectonboard.com is a site operated by KPMG LLP ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number OC301540 and have our registered office at 15 Canada Square, London E14 5GL.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site, and/or suspend your access to all or any part of our site at any time, without notice to you. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual property rights
Except for content uploaded and owned by you, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by patent, trademark and copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not scrape or copy profiles and information of other users of our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to a recommendation, advice or information on which you should rely. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We have not vetted, interviewed or carried out any background checks of any kind on any of the candidates or other users who may post details via our site.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Our site is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted, or that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of data, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may affect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Subject at all times to the limitations above, our total aggregate liability to you will not exceed a sum of £1000 in relation to any claims arising out of your use of our site.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution will comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute, publish and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to /privacy.
We do not generally review content posted by our users on our site. We will not be responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site or any damages you suffer as a result of reliance on such content.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Use of Your Information
We may collect information about you, including your personal information, in the course of your use of our site. We collect only such information as is provided voluntarily by visitors to our site and as is necessary in the circumstances. By using our site, you agree to the collection and use of your information by us, for the following purposes:
- to contact you in relation to KPMG service offerings and thought leadership, in which you have expressed an interest; and
- to contact you in relation to any KPMG service offering and thought leadership which would be relevant to you as a user of the site; and
- for any lawful purposes chosen at our discretion, provided that we remove, or arrange for the removal of, names and any other identifiers from your information and only use such information in an anonymised (and possibly aggregated) format.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site in a safe and secure manner. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, not misleading or deceptive and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
In the case of consumers, you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
In the case of business users you and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
‘KPMG’ and the KPMG logo are registered trademarks of KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity.
- Information that you provide as part of the registrations process including CV’s are stored on our database for two months from the date we receive the registration request.
- All information that you provide is the responsibility of the user, KPMG do not accept responsibility
- Information that you provide will be accessed by the KCOB team who are responsible for verifying candidates and managing the membership of the platform
- If your membership is unsuccessful we will continue to hold your name, last name and email address for six months
- We advise that CV’s do not include personal address details or religious or political views and memberships.
- Information provided on a candidate profile is the sole responsibility of the user
- The user will take reasonable steps to keep the information up to date
- KPMG accept no responsibility for the information or the accuracy of the data.
- Photos - it is optional to upload a photo, by doing so you affirm that this is a photo of you and that you agree that we may store it on KPMG Connect On Board.
- CVs – all information in CV is the sole responsibility of the user, KPMG are not responsible for the information on user CV’s. We advise that CV’s do not include personal address details or religious or political views and memberships.
- Profiles will be visible (unless placed in hidden mode by the user)
- Organisations who have been given ‘access rights’ (subject to terms and conditions) will be able to see the profiles and make contact with users directly
- KPMG have no involvement in the search or selection of candidates. KPMG have no involvement in the creation of candidate profiles
- Profiles information will be kept on the platform until the user requests to delete the profile – ‘see section on deleting your profile below’
Candidate profile – hidden mode
- A candidate can choose to put their profile in ‘hidden’ mode via the user dashboard. A ‘hidden’ profile will not be visible to organisations searching for candidates
- Users can edit their profile back to being ‘visible’ via the user dashboard at any time.
- From time to time we will send you reminders to change your profile to visible if it has been in hidden mode for a significant period of time.
- Users can add up to three referees onto their profile.
- Existing Candidates: You will be asked to confirm you have the consent of your referees when you log in to your profile, this will only be requested once.
- New candidates: Before the referees become visible on your profile they will be sent an automated message to gain their consent to be included on your profile. Only when they have agreed to be included will they be visible on your profile.
- Deleting referees: Referees can be deleted from your profile at any time. Referees will not be notified if you delete them from your profile.
- If referees do not respond to the request after 10 working days, the referee details will be deleted from the system
- Referees can request that their details be deleted from a candidates profile at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be notified of a referee’s request. The referee’s details will be deleted within 10 working days of us receiving the request.
- All opportunities are posted on the site by external organisations
- KPMG does not post opportunities on behalf of external parties. KPMG is not involved in recommending users for roles nor any search or selection on behalf of external organisations.
- Users will be notified of new roles posted via email, they can express their interest in the role via the platform
- Opportunities will be shown in the following order listed, unlisted, charity/ not for profit and academic.
- Opportunities will be posted on an ad-hoc basis and when external organisations post them
Access to resources and materials
- Access to all materials on the platform is free of change. The materials are from KPMG and third parties. Any links to third party material will take you off the platform to an external site.
Communication with Users
From time to time KPMG Connect On Board will send the following communications:
- ‘New Opportunity’ alerts when a new role has been posted
- Updates on improvements and maintenance to the platform
- New materials added to the platform
- Reminders to keep profiles up to date including information on the CV’s and how to improve profile information
- Reminders to make profile to ‘visible’ if in ‘hidden mode’
Deleting your profile
- You can request the deletion of your profile any time via the user dashboard.
- When you request to delete your profile, it will be automatically placed in ‘hidden’ mode after which your profile and all data will be deleted from KPMG Connect On Board within 10 working days.
- Your name, surname and email address will be stored for 3 months so we can keep a record that you were once a user. You will not be able to re-register on KPMG Connect On Board until 3 months after your profile was deleted.
3rd party access to data
- KPMG will work with third party suppliers e.g. digital companies to improve and maintain the site.
- Third parties will have access to user profiles to ensure that functionality is working as it should.
- Third parties will be contracted by KPMG
- We collect a small amount of sensitive data to better understand the user population. It is optional for users to provide this information, the information will be kept confidential and anonymous.
To contact us, please email KPMGOnBoardSupport@KPMG.co.uk
If you would like to receive marketing communications or update settings on the marketing communications you receive from KPMG please visit the preference centre.
Thank you for visiting our site.